I am very happy with what I have produced. We previously had a task to create a movie poster in lesson, that helped me this time to plan what stages I should go through.
I spent around 6 hours in total on this piece including experimentation. If I was to copy this piece and do it again, it would take around 2 hours to perfect it.
I tried different stock images, text etc before choosing which ones I should use.
This is my final piece (shown in low resolution due to file size)
Below are some old pieces which I created, however I didn’t like them and after asking a few friends they said I should carry on working with the one shown above and finesse it, which I then did 🙂
At the top I decided to add BASED ON A TRUE STORY
I’ve noticed that on movie posters there are usually logos of the film companies and so on. So I decided to add my own logo on the poster.
UNSETTLED: Cambria Math regular, 102.66pt
Credits: SteelTongs regular, 16.04pt
DISTURBED.COM: BankGothic bold, 24.11pt
JANUARY 09: BankGothic bold, 35.11pt
I also decided to a duplicate the movie title and add motion blur under the main title to show that the text is unsettled 🙂
I have decided to call my movie UNSETTLED. The reason for this is because the girl in the image looks very unsettled, you can tell this by her body language and how she is very closed up.
I added a black gradient overlay on the bottom and top of the artwork to create a dark scene and so the text can really stand out!
Without adjustment layers
With adjustment layers